Please note that this is an advanced entry programme - successful applicants enter into Year Two of the Higher Certificate in Culinary Arts. Therefore, all applicants should hold the Certificate in Culinary Skills, Level 6, 60 Credits, or recognised equivalent. Features of this programme are • Advanced Entry to Year Two for eligible applicants - see entry criteria below.
• Face to Face Delivery
• Personal and supportive approach to teaching and learning
• Problem Based Learning (PBL) based approaches will be used to challenge and expand the student’s knowledge, skills and competence.
• The programme addresses to a significant level all four key areas, which have been deemed by government as being of critical importance at this time: digital skills, transversal skills, management and leadership skills and the workplace of the future.
• You will be taught in our state-of-the art facilities which includes training kitchens, a production kitchen, training restaurant and polytunnel.
- Food Safety and Environmental Management
- Food & Beverage Selling Skills
- Modern Gastronomy
- Enhanced Tarts, Desserts & Gateau
- Contemporary Restaurant and A la Carte Cooking
- Global Cuisine
- Enhanced Pastry, Bread and Confectionery
- Volume and Modern Banquet Production Cookery
- Classical and Contemporary Cuisine
- Culinary Business Management
- Work Placement Assessment Information We place a lot of emphasis on student support and so we aim to provide a learning environment that is both stimulating and academically challenging, whilst also supporting your learning. You will encounter a range of teaching methods- from lectures, workshops and seminars to hands on practical therapy sessions and lab exercises. The course is taught by experienced lecturers with a track record of success in many sectors including the restaurant, hotel and food production industries. We appreciate that different students have different learning styles and so we provide a range of assessment approaches to suit everybody. Here are some of the ways we will assess your work:
- Group work
- Multiple-choice tests
- Portfolio work & demonstrations