Today’s energy systems are highly interdependent and very heterogeneous. The infrastructure that supports the generation and distribution of energy is varied, complex and dependent on a range of practical engineering and geographical considerations. This complex infrastructure requires and understanding of a range of interdisciplinary concepts for its design, construction, operation and maintenance.
Be in Demand with Our Professional Courses
This programme is designed to arm learners with the knowledge and imbue them with the practical skills for construction, analysis and management of energy infrastructure projects.
The programme will be delivered over two academic semesters in a blended mode, predominately through online lectures taking place in the evenings with additional focused practical sessions taking place in the TUS state of the art laboratories.
- Planning Process and Environmental Regulations
- Sustainable Energy Systems 1
- Energy Infrastructure
- Utilisation of Renewable Energy
- Research Methods & Professional Practice
- Community Energy Development
- Resource Economics
- Innovation & Project Management
- Sustainable Energy Systems 2
- Intelligent Design & Modelling
Semester 3: Choose 1 of the Following
- Dissertation: A research thesis based on an applied Energy Infrastructure theme
- Work Placement & Professional Practice: Undergoing an extended work placement and demonstration of professional practice in an industrial context aligned with energy infrastructure.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applications will be considered from Level 8 Honours (Grade 2.2) graduates in engineering or cognate disciplines.
Graduates who hold equivalent qualifications in related disciplines or who have relevant industrial experience will be considered for places on a case-by-case basis in line with AITs RPL policy and this may involve an interview.
In line with institute policies, non-native English speakers are required to have an IELTS level of 6.5 or higher.
Induction – Saturday 11th September 2023
Classes – Week commencing Monday 13th September 2023
This is a ICT Skills/Springboard+ Funded Programme.
This programme will be fully funded for eligible unemployed applicants.
Eligible employed applicants will be 90% funded. They will have to pay 10% directly to TUS. For full details of eligibility criteria and to apply go to www.springboardcourses.ie
Online -3 x evenings per week
Level 9 NFQ , 90 Credits