Meet your lecturers on an informal basis to ask questions on the programme etc.
Meet your peers in an informal session to perhaps begin learning together and to support each other on your learning journey.
Access the support sessions that we think are important to you to support your learning while you are with us.
The mid-morning / afternoon session affords you the learner the opportunity to engage in some novel workshops with the goal to support your learning in various ways. Each session is delivered over 40 minutes and three times to give you the opportunity to dip in and out of your preferred area of interest.
1. Using the Library Online (M. Flynn)
2. Academic Integrity – Paraphrasing (K. Farrell)
3. CV Writing and Careers Planning (S. Maher)
4. Programme Progression and Postgraduate Opportunities ( D. Doran)
5. Meet the Dept of Lifelong Learning Team – What is the role of the Student Advisor ? – contact details, payment plans and any AOB – Ask the questions you meant to ask (DoLL Admin Team)
6. Meet the Funded Learning Office and ask any questions you have in relation to Springboard +, HCI and the ICT Skills fund (J. King)
7. Taxation Tips for the Adult Learner( A. Courtney)
8. Marketing your profile Online, Linkedin etc (S. Devery)
9. Nutrition for the Student Mind (J. Gilchrist)
10. Time Management – Understanding that you will never eat an elephant at one sitting (E. Burke)
11. See what Jobs are available in the Midlands and beyond (S. Stewart)
12. Student Wellbeing – Looking after your health and Wellbeing (I. Rea)